Java Needs to Download Again and Again

Gamma032

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hi!

I just finished my PC build, turned it on and got some basic programs installed. I downloaded Minecraft and Java and it worked fine. However, after a PC reset I noticed Minecraft wasn't loading. I re-installed Java and found it worked again. This keeps on happening, each time I want to play Minecraft I need to re-install it again, even if I just close the Minecraft window without a reset. Any suggestions? I couldn't find anything on the internet. I am getting Java from here.

I am on Windows 8 64 Bit.

thunderdog512

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Are you playing on a server where it givers you a crash report or does it just crash when you open it? When I would play on the HiveMC sever it would crash every so often but it was the servers fault not mine. Have you tried deleting java completely and re downloading it again? I know I've had this problem but can't remember the solution. Write me back and see if any of that relates to you or if anyone else has any insight.

KiloWolf

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I had this problem but I did a reinstall of windows because of a bad crash after I started seeing this(crash not related to java). Like the person above me said, try deleting it and reinstalling it

Gamma032

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Fixed. Problem was that I was running Minecraft using launcher.jar under the .minecraft folder. I moved the launcher out of the downloads and onto my desktop and it worked fine. I feel like an idiot now xD.