JellyBean Update For Samsung galaxy S2?

Solution
You could always try calling the carrier you're with and asking for a possible ETA. If you have an un-rooted, standard, over the counter, unmodified cell phone the update would be delivered to you via the carrier and you could then choose to download via WiFi or over your cell network.

When the new versions of android are released they are sent to the carrier first, so that they can make their changes to it. That's why you get all that bloatware, with Bell up here in canada for example you get a mobile tv app and an app to see your account information. They're considered system apps so you can't remove them unless you have a rooted phone.

Keeping in mind that the carriers get the software first, they'd be the best to ask for an ETA...

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
You could always try calling the carrier you're with and asking for a possible ETA. If you have an un-rooted, standard, over the counter, unmodified cell phone the update would be delivered to you via the carrier and you could then choose to download via WiFi or over your cell network.

When the new versions of android are released they are sent to the carrier first, so that they can make their changes to it. That's why you get all that bloatware, with Bell up here in canada for example you get a mobile tv app and an app to see your account information. They're considered system apps so you can't remove them unless you have a rooted phone.

Keeping in mind that the carriers get the software first, they'd be the best to ask for an ETA. You could also check out the XDA forums and see if anyone has released a version for your phone yet and root + install it yourself.

Solution

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
It does, but it also opens up a world of possibilities if you're willing to take that risk. I myself have a rooted, unlocked, HTC Desire Z with a custom version of android. It allows me to overclock, modify the UI, etc etc.

If you aren't willing to do that then I suppose you're stuck waiting for your carrier to release the update :p
Edit: I do know for a fact though that there are modded rom's of JellyBean already all over the net.