Jobs: No Tethering Between iPad and iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Typical Apple: give users features they didn't know they wanted while quietly not supporting standard features that everyone else gets. Introduce them as new features on a later model, and bump up the price $100.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
The ipad is the new iTV or whatever that thing was.

All the more reason to buy (or at least look into) that new HP slate.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
People have been tethering on the iPhone for years now. Steve Jobs should have said "don't do it" not "it can't do it."

Anyways, even if the device did have this feature that wouldn't push me over the top. It's still missing a camera, still running the iPhone OS instead of a more sophisticated version of OS X, still not multi-tasking (related to the OS), and won't allow me to watch flash videos or play flash games. To be perfectly honest even if it had all those things I still wouldn't buy it but I could understand why others would. As it stands now I'm just going to be confused when I see someone playing around with one.

etichi

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
to be hones I was looking forward to it. But it is lacking in major areas.
1. no vid
2. no multi-user (game over for me)
3. no tethering

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Somebody just bring out a basic pad at a reasonable price and let the open source people do the rest. The option of selling it without OS at a cheaper price for those who want to do their own thing would be nice.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
It should be noted the iPad will be able to tether to Verizon's Palm Pre Plus or the Sprints Palm Pre (through a third party homebrew app). I'll also mention that you can tether multiple wifi devices at once.

theguy82

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I think the list of what the iPad "can't" do is a lot longer than the list of the it "can" do.
....Money well spent on this thing...

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]Come to Android... We have cookies... And tethering![/citation]
What about cake and pie? If no cake and pie, I will not join!

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]What about cake and pie? If no cake and pie, I will not join![/citation]

The Cake is a Lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS