Judge Finally Nukes LimeWire's P2P Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
LimeWire is dead meat. The only reason why anyone used it was to download music illegally. Why would people (shock and horror!) PAY for LimeWire downloads when they can't just get them from Amazon, itunes, or one of the other hundreds of pay sites for music downloads? LimeWire only set itself apart due to the free (and illegal) downloads they offered. What other outcome could they have possibly expected? It's like a chain smoker being shocked that he gets lung cancer.

G

I am sad to see limewire going..It was one of my revenue sources.....

Well I suppose there are still torrents to keep all my customers computers infected with nasties..wont sell the house yet I think!

G

ha at leats i still have utorrent thank god for bit-torrents

G

the music industry is full of bunch of pussies grow up already your never going to stop illegal downloads they are way of life and will always be you stop one site a new better one shows up its never stop. I will never buy music i stopped when napster started as soon as they got shut down i found a whole new site now i just use bit-torrents. the record companies have not ssen a dime from me since the late 90's early 00's and i intend on keeping that way screw you record lables

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
You can than the Music industry for the viruses....

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]I stopped using LimwWire a long time ago. It was 95% virus's.[/citation]

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Kevin. Gorton or Gordon? P2P or PSP?

With all the P2P software still around, I seriously doubt the loss of LimeWire will have any realistic impact on piracy. Well, other than costing it's former beneficiaries every cent to their names. I still think that's the biggest pile of BS I've seen in a long time.

Creating an item, whether physical or intellectual, which could be or was used maliciously or in a criminal act is not the responsibility of it's creator. If it were, well then there sure wouldn't be any more guns being produced in the US, would there? How a tool is used is the sole responsibility of the user, for he is the one who decided how it was used.

G

@rmmil978.... While it was hugely popular for illegal downloading of music, it is important to remember that limewire itself did nothing illegal, and thats where my major concern is. The file sharing of illegal material was done by every individual that either hosted an illegal file or downloaded one. Limewire was simply a file sharing program that left the user responsible for following the law. If limewire can be sued for doing nothing illegal its one more notch of power taken from the people and given to the major corporations. That is a problem.

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
i remember a story people were preaching a few years back talking about how easy it was to get the full paid version of limewire for free - just get the limewire free version - and then open it and search for limewire full and you could pirate limewire using limewire itself

hilarious!

ekulz

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I stopped using it a long time ago, it's just those first pirating memories that I have to say goodbye to :(

G

We can all thank limewire for the bankruptcy of circuit city, media play, and many other media related businesses that were once often frequented until the internet became the hot commodity of the millennium. I may sound like a hypocrite as I use the internet to type this but if one thing has ruined the American economy more than anything it has been the internet. With election time upon us and all of the hoopla being around turning the economy and creating new jobs, when 16 year old kids cash in, without any sort of college degree to their name, on youtube. These are the utterly sad examples of why a program such as limewire started the economic decline in one of many internet related ways.

G

if you really wanted to DL music, there are way too many blogspots that have rar and zip files of entire albums, plus megaupload, rapidshare, etc. file sharing is the online equivalent to dealing pot, so many people think it's harmless and a waste of time to enforce laws on the people getting away with it and even they have so many ways of hiding their tricks from the people trying to get the one up on them. maybe if the record industry was so smart, they'd find a way to create the song tracks into an a format onto cd that couldnt be ripped and or copied to a server for sharing to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.