Judge Orders Former IBM Exec to Stop Work at Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Hmm sucks to be apple right now, what comes around goes around. I

mean their mac ads have reached a all time low. Making a ad thats says how much your dominating competitor spent in their ads.... Not that they were ever good to begin with.

Then suing the university in Canda. And then after that having around 3-4 lawsuits be bought against them.

G

@Kami3k

Sucks to be apple? Apple has tons of money saved up, doesn’t owe anyone money to anyone. I think they are a perfect example of an almost perfect business model.

Every company has its haters but it’s easy to judge a company that you don’t even work for nor have any real background information to back up any type of negative claim that justify them to hire a IBM employee..

When you start your own multi billion $$ company then you can have an opinion.

G

Actually Apple only has 7.8 billion TOTAL. Microsoft made 7.6 billion in one quarter alone! Apple doesn't owe anyone money because of their lawsuit-crazy lawyers. SBguy, if you think they are an "amost perfect business model" - get real, join the real world and step out of your fantasy world. You talk about I quote: ""Every company has its haters but it’s easy to judge a company that you don’t even work for nor have any real background information"" I suppose you work for Apple? or how many BJobs did Steve give you to say that horse shit. There are plenty of negative claims out there, perhaps if you got off of your Crapari browser, and surfed Google you'd see how bad Apple brings down the computer industry.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Mr. Papermaster says that IBM’s decision to allow him to continue working at the company (with unfettered access to all of his files and to the company’s entire computer network) with full knowledge of his plans to move to Apple, meant the company’s claim that it would suffer irreparable harm or hardship due to ’inevitable disclosure’ of ’trade secrets’ was absurd.

I dont really have much love for eaither Intel or Apple but this still doesnt sound right to me. If someone leaves their house unlocked, its still not legal to go inside and steal crap. Just because Intel didnt take his access away, the fact that he used that time to steal documents to help him in his new job is still in violation of his non-compete agreement.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]SBguy[/nom]@Kami3kSucks to be apple? Apple has tons of money saved up, doesn’t owe anyone money to anyone. I think they are a perfect example of an almost perfect business model. Every company has its haters but it’s easy to judge a company that you don’t even work for nor have any real background information to back up any type of negative claim that justify them to hire a IBM employee..When you start your own multi billion $$ company then you can have an opinion.[/citation]

Your not that smart uh? I could say the same to you, when you own your own multi billion dollar company, you can have your own opinion.

But see my opinion is actually based on facts, Apple is only doing well because of the idioticy of it's consumers.

There better phones then the Iphone, there are better computers then Macs, better OSes then Mac OS, much better MP3s players then Ipods.

If apple's fanbois would take their head out of their ass and researched products they would see that apple's products are not that good at all.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Black, wtf are you talking about you ? wrong article.

Read the quote in my post. Papermasters excuse for stealing company documents was that they did not remove his access. My point was just because they didnt remove his access doesnt make it ok for him to steal documents to take to his new employers. Just like if someone leaves their door unlocked, its still not legal to go inside and steal things.

Status
Not open for further replies.