juice spill on new laptop

ben_45

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
Juice spilled on my new Packard bell laptop.... after drying for a while... I turned it on...with battery power... it refused to come on
but when plugged in the mains, and I powered it on a few times, each time, it turned on and then went off few secs later.

Pls does anyone know how I can resolve this.... thx

Solution
Sounds like something shorted out in the battery.

how long of a while did you leave it drying? Overnite or longer is best. And was the battery removed while drying?

For future reference, next time there is a liquid spill of any kind, IMMEDIATELY unplug the power cable and remove the battery. This will hopefully turn off everything before liquid runs down into something with power and shorts it out. Yes you may loose whatever unsaved stuff you have open, but its better than losing the entire laptop.

Lastly since you said its new, check and see if you have any warranty coverage.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Sounds like something shorted out in the battery.

how long of a while did you leave it drying? Overnite or longer is best. And was the battery removed while drying?

For future reference, next time there is a liquid spill of any kind, IMMEDIATELY unplug the power cable and remove the battery. This will hopefully turn off everything before liquid runs down into something with power and shorts it out. Yes you may loose whatever unsaved stuff you have open, but its better than losing the entire laptop.

Lastly since you said its new, check and see if you have any warranty coverage.

Solution