Julian Assange is Granted Bail (Again)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]bardia[/nom]We're in deep water for discussing whether the President of Argentina is taking her meds? The leaks are damaging strategically, but they've been a PR boost. All the "big bad USA with plots to take over the world" people got sorely disappointed with a whole lot of boring bed time reading.[/citation]

The crackpots pretend it is a spy ops... It would make sense but I still dont buy any of it since all the facts that we have say otherwise. Assange is just an attention whore, and a douche bag. Just extra-judicially execute the sucker.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]What will the world do if he's killed anyway.lets face it, the UN are a joke(Just like the EU). They could talk themselves into a coma[/citation]

Cheer?

G

Guess who posted his bail? It was Michael Moore, for real.

Look it up.

bardia

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
The New Zealand media is all over this because it actually is damning... and it's evidence that WE released it?

My "have it both ways" meter just BSOD'd.

I love the international community. They make me proud to be an American.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]Internet 2.0 anyone? Total government control of the interwebs? This circus seems like a good starting point.[/citation]
Soon we'll have entire networks being blocked with the excuse of malware.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]bardia[/nom]The New Zealand media is all over this because it actually is damning... and it's evidence that WE released it? My "have it both ways" meter just BSOD'd. I love the international community. They make me proud to be an American.[/citation]

It's okay, My country won't suffer :)

G

WikiLeaks released US documents because that is what they got their hands on.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
There's something fishy about wikileaks.Everyone knows CNN,FOX are propaganda machines so why is WikiLeaks the main headline Everyday.

xxsk8er101xx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This guy didn't do anything illegal but he did piss off very powerful people. They clearly have no evidence that this guy raped anyone. But that's just what happens when you piss off people you probably shouldn't.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
@hasufel1337

Pretty clear to the majority of people with common sense Wikileaks primarily targeted the US and or US Interests.

We're the most giving, hardest working people in the world.

Not sure what sparked your outrage, but feel free to leave the US since with stink so bad.

xxsk8er101xx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
slow news day. Media outlets slobber over this stuff depending on what agenda it fulfills.

[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]There's something fishy about wikileaks.Everyone knows CNN,FOX are propaganda machines so why is WikiLeaks the main headline Everyday.[/citation]

ohseus

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Some really idiotic and uninformed opinions here, surprise, surprise, it is Tom's.

So for the simpletons here it goes. The act of distributing classified documents is illegal. This guy is intentionally working against the interest of the United States government. His actions could put the lives of the service men and women of the U.S military in jeopardy. This makes him an enemy and he should be at the very least be tossed somewhere never to be seen again.

The private who supplied documents should absolutely be shot for treason.

I find it amazing that many of the same people who support this guy are the same people who had a fit when e-mails exposing fraud in the "scientific community" concerning "global warming" were exposed.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ohseus[/nom]Some really idiotic and uninformed opinions here, surprise, surprise, it is Tom's. So for the simpletons here it goes. The act of distributing classified documents is illegal. This guy is intentionally working against the interest of the United States government. His actions could put the lives of the service men and women of the U.S military in jeopardy. This makes him an enemy and he should be at the very least be tossed somewhere never to be seen again. The private who supplied documents should absolutely be shot for treason. I find it amazing that many of the same people who support this guy are the same people who had a fit when e-mails exposing fraud in the "scientific community" concerning "global warming" were exposed.[/citation]

The looney left wing greenies will always protest

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
@ hasufel., I am sorry i fail to see where you prove my statement wrong. to say 'that I am wrong for stating other countries should work on fixing their own problems instead of throwing rocks at the USA' is like saying I should bitch at my coworkers because they don't do their job. But of course, I'm sure a lot of people do that anyways. Me on the other hand, I do my job and what my boss instructs me to do and I earn the money that I was looking for. I don't bitch, I don't complain. So why can't countries do the same thing? stop worrying about what the other country is doing. If they pose no imminent threat to you, why should you bother them? Other countries like countries in the middle east are laying in their dirt homes and throw rocks at us because their society has lost all hope for themselves and they have nothing better to do. Its not like the USA caused the middle east to turn into a shithole. To call the US selfish is completely horse crap. Are we not the first one there to help in every world disaster? there are US citizens everywhere complaining that we help TOO much..and perhaps CEO's get too much money in the US, but again..thats our problem to fix, not other countries problem to fix. So why do they sit there and judge us when they have pity little pathetic lives and do nothing for themselves? I would have to say I see no country advancing into a better future, accept possibly China, which of course is run by Communists anyways, so who would truly choose to live there over a free country? You'll say 2 billion people of course, but i can guarantee you most of them don't want to be there at all.

hasufel1337

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]@hasufel1337Pretty clear to the majority of people with common sense Wikileaks primarily targeted the US and or US Interests.We're the most giving, hardest working people in the world.Not sure what sparked your outrage, but feel free to leave the US since with stink so bad.[/citation]

Dont think I haven't thought about it. You should too. (It's the same with religion. Anyone who doesn't question daily their beliefs are blind followers. That's a different story in itself.) But I certainly wouldn't be as happy as I am living here. This is absolutely, unequivocally, a great country.

However, there is something deeply wrong, with ANY country, when seventy-five percent of our budget is spent on military and covert operations/hostility abroad and not on infrastructure and outreach and the betterment of everyone and not a select few with the highest bid and/or the most outrageous appetites for doing and seeing harm.

hasufel1337

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
[citation][nom]ohseus[/nom]Some really idiotic and uninformed opinions here, surprise, surprise, it is Tom's. So for the simpletons here it goes. The act of distributing classified documents is illegal. This guy is intentionally working against the interest of the United States government. His actions could put the lives of the service men and women of the U.S military in jeopardy. This makes him an enemy and he should be at the very least be tossed somewhere never to be seen again. The private who supplied documents should absolutely be shot for treason. I find it amazing that many of the same people who support this guy are the same people who had a fit when e-mails exposing fraud in the "scientific community" concerning "global warming" were exposed.[/citation]

Inaction when you are able to provide sufficient evidence for treason and treachery is damnable and treasonous. These people are heroes on the front lines. I suggest you use more pertinent language when you speak about 'simpletons'; you are speaking against your own thought bracket.

[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]@ hasufel., I am sorry i fail to see where you prove my statement wrong. to say 'that I am wrong for stating other countries should work on fixing their own problems instead of throwing rocks at the USA' is like saying I should bitch at my coworkers because they don't do their job. But of course, I'm sure a lot of people do that anyways. Me on the other hand, I do my job and what my boss instructs me to do and I earn the money that I was looking for. I don't bitch, I don't complain.[/citation]

You should bitch and complain. When people criticize, anyone, it shows care and concern for the well-being of that person, place, organization, etc. and those involved. Complaining, bitching, and criticizing is a form of compassion and love. Something everyone could use a little more of as long as it's not degrading and belittling.

I agree completely that we as a country, society, and the standard for living should fix our own problems, which is what Assange is throwing into the lime-light, the corruption and fear tactics, and other countries should fix their own respective problems. However, when a situation arises where a country can't solve a problem by itself we should help them instead of rule or control them and make them just as lopsided and corrupt as this countries policies are.

People shouldn't be afraid of the government. Government should be afraid of the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.