Julian Assange is Granted Bail (Again)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bp 4575

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
You morons they have "targeted" America recently because they got a shit ton of information from a source. They weren't actively perusing the USA more than any other country.

bp 4575

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
ohseus that's utter foolishness. Freedom of information act; even the former head of CIA said this had very little impact on America's security (TIME magazine) so he's a more reliable source than you I'm glad to say. If something is the law, it doesn't also make it just; killing aboriginals was also legal last century.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
have you idiots on here not heard of free speach, anyway the founder isnt the one who publishes the documents or gets them in

look at ford, henry ford may have been the founder but he dosnt own it anymore

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ohseus[/nom]Some really idiotic and uninformed opinions here, surprise, surprise, it is Tom's. So for the simpletons here it goes. The act of distributing classified documents is illegal....[/citation]

Is illegal where? He is not American, did not receive the documents in America and therefore is not subject to American laws. While you may be a simpleton that believes the world is America, for the rest of the us I can assure you America does NOT rule the world

G

I think the USA is such a desirable target because it is the only country that call's itself "The police of the world", at least the chinese/russian say what they really think and don't say things like "war on terrorism" to justify the invasion of oil rich countries.
We (the rest of the world) can see right through your bull**it, and now we have hard evidence that you really don't mean what you say in the media.
Remember Poland in 1939, I'm sure the germans had convincing arguments to invade Poland. The difference is that the americans have a much better propaganda machine and much of the western world in their pocket. That's why nobody stood up to you when you invaded Irak.
And please don't justify the invasion with the pretense of spreading democracy because most of the countries of southern America were/are Dictatorships and you did/do nothing about it (you even helped some of them to gain control).

To all you condescendent americans that don't understand why the rest of the world dislikes you, it's because you are such hypocrites, you say you care about the rest of the world, but all you care is about you. At least the Russians/Chinese call it as they see it (and believe me I'd rather have you as the biggest world power, but can't stand your hypocrisy)

In case you haven't noticed your power over the world is in decline, I bet that in about 50 years you'll be the new England lol

If you are wondering I'm from Portugal and I like some aspects of the American culture, just hate your take on foreign affairs (and the ignorance of most of the Americans about the rest of the world)

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]hasufel1337[/nom]You should bitch and complain. When people criticize, anyone, it shows care and concern for the well-being of that person, place, organization, etc. and those involved. Complaining, bitching, and criticizing is a form of compassion and love. Something everyone could use a little more of as long as it's not degrading and belittling.I agree completely that we as a country, society, and the standard for living should fix our own problems, which is what Assange is throwing into the lime-light, the corruption and fear tactics, and other countries should fix their own respective problems. However, when a situation arises where a country can't solve a problem by itself we should help them instead of rule or control them and make them just as lopsided and corrupt as this countries policies are.People shouldn't be afraid of the government. Government should be afraid of the people.[/citation]
Well finally a more clear cut response from someone that actually has a point I can understand, so i respect your opinion. and I also respect you can reply to me in a respectful manner, unlike most flamers on this website. And I can actually say i agree with you on most of those points you just brought up. However I still would like to say that if this man, Assange, wants to point out flaws in the government systems, he should start with his own, native government. He is still pointing out flaws in other countries and therefore obviously creates contradiction. Perhaps he has good intentions, but perhaps he doesn't. My only problem with wikileaks was the fact that most peoples intentions for the website was to completely dispose all US secrets and put our entire nation into jeopardy, which is completely treason. However the more I think about it, the more I realize that if any of this is actually making it to the internet, then chances are it wasn't top secret enough to be too much of a concern.

Thanks for the enlightening response.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]xxsk8er101xx[/nom]This guy didn't do anything illegal but he did piss off very powerful people. They clearly have no evidence that this guy raped anyone. But that's just what happens when you piss off people you probably shouldn't.[/citation]
He didnt do anything illegal except take possession of and distribute documents he knew to be classified..

WitchDoctor

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Julian Assange was arrested for having consensual sex and not wearing a condom. The woman he had sex with was a CIA agent and set him up. He is Australian not American and was funded by George Soros. This is a complete load of caca and the Internet's 9/11. Since when does telling the truth and exposing corruption become a bad thing or treason? That is exactly what Assange was doing, exposing corruption and lies to cover it up. So those of you who say he should be shot condone lying and tyranny and think telling the truth is treason. If this is what you think then you more than likely worship Stalin, Hitler, Mau, Bush, Oblahblah (real name Barry Soetoro), and the New World Order. I will be glad to expose you the truth about any of this and challenge anyone anywhere to debate one word of what I say as false and will destroy your comments if you so choose to rebuke one word of what I say as false.

WitchDoctor

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
He released unclassified documents that were released on the Pentagons own website long before he put them on wikileaks. I don't know where you get this misinfo from but you need to learn some and stop listening to main stream media.

WitchDoctor

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Want the truth about any of this read Paul Joseph Watsons articles about Wikileaks on Infowars.com. He reveals the hardcore undeniable facts that can not be debated. For all you deniers learn some, open your eyes, shut your misinformed mouths, and get a grip on reality.
When the New York Times, Washington Post, Der Spiegel, ect... release classified material not 1 word is said about any of them because they're part of the controlled media, but so is wikileaks, its George Soros funded just like the others I mentioned. Want the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth read the articles on infowars.com.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]This guy needs to be shot[/citation]
Yeah, we should shoot everyone who does anything that makes the US gov't look bad or embarrasses us. We should also probably shoot or imprison anyone who speaks bad of the gov't or openly disagrees with it too while we're at it. After we're done with that, we can go and shoot/imprison people we deem as undesirables too.

WitchDoctor

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
isn't that what the Nazi's did? You know Adolph Hitler the guy chosen by Prescott Bush, Hemry Ford, J.D. Rockefeller, and the Rothchilds to head up Germany after they ruined Europe with the needless war from 1914 - 1918?

Status
Not open for further replies.