Jumper Ezbook 3 battery won't charge up to 100%

Forte77

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Hello Everybody,
I have a problem with my new EZBOOK 3, recently bought from Gearbest: the battery only charges up to 82% (from the first time i recharged it)

Even if I let the laptop on charge all the night, the next morning the battery is at 82%.

I tried to install BatteryBar: it tells me that the capacity of my battery is 50.720 mhw.

So much? Is it possible?
Battery wear is 0%.
It should have a 10.000mah battery.

Any suggestion to solve my problem?

Gear best offered me a refund of 30 dollars plus some points, but this is not a solution
despite that, the laptop works very well for what i need.
Thank you very much in advance.

Forte77

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Thank you, velo.
The laptop is new, and there are no viruses.
But what should I do in order to check if is there some software that stop the charge?
I only installed Microsoft Word, the laptop comes from the fabric.

Forte77

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Thanks again, I don't think it is the charger. In this case, why does the battery status sign 50.720 mhw instead of 10.000?

Forte77

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Thank you for your reply, but batterybar says that the battery wear is 0%

Forte77

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
thank you , i have to try with a different charger. Last time it reached 100%, but now it dicreases from 28% to 7% in a moment, and i don't know why.

jumper3

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

hi, I have the same problem, the battery is full at 82 % ! The Jumper EZ 3 NB is also from Gearbest bought one week ago, have you returned yours and now I have this (also the battery jumps from 30 % to 7 % in one moment, but this problem is now over after 5 x charging) ?
when you don´t return yours, have you solved this problem ?

bcopeland75

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017

Had this problem with my brand new ezbook 3. I let the battery drain down to 5%. Changed my settings to a reserve of 1 and no hibernate on critical level.

The laptop shutdown then I powered it back up and it still had a good 30 min run time in it. Then it shut down again, suddenly.

Charged for a few hours and it made it to 100%. Weird thing was my personal setting were reset. Desktop theme and battery settings all reverted to default.

nhp

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

I had the same problem with my Jumper Ezbook 3 which I buyed 2 months ago. At first it only charged up to 80% (for the first time I charged it) and then it have been decreasing every time I charge the laptop. At the moment, it doesn't charge up to 0.3% (!!!). It need to be always plugged in!
Anyone had the same problem?
Any solution? Everything else works properly but this battery issue is a problem for me since the laptop has no more mobility!

Thank you very much!

martindoerflinger

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
well, guys, there is an easy solution for you. First of all, a battery has a power management unit installed. the task of it is to prevent the battery to lose capacity by overloading it constantly. Even when your battery drains, the power management unit tries to reduce the damage by simply monitoring the charges and decreasing how much capacity it allows you to use *. When a battery doesn´t get used for a long time, the power management unit looses its settings and you have to re-initialize it. That is also the case if a battery is brand new and never used before. To re-initialize it, you have to charge it as long as possible, then you start your device and leave it on until it is fully empty to charge it again. This time, you should not plug it out before it is fully loaded because that´s the way how you can set it up. But if you leave it plugged in too long, you can damage it. If you have to charge it in 3hrs, 5hrs might work, but I wouldn´t charge it too long :D 8hrs are probably out ranges :D

* a battery for example can have broken cells. If they are in a bad condition or not useable anymore for some reasons, you can´t fix them anymore by charging your device longer. But if you still try to charge them, you probably kill other cells. That´s what the pmu tries to prevent by stopping the charger ;)