Jumping from screen to screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat1computer

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Why does my screen view jumps to a different screen? Such as if I'm typing a message in Outlook, the screen jumps to the Internet.

Solution
It may be an IE addon behaving badly. You can try disabling addons one at a time until you find the culprit. It could also be malware trying to take control of your browser. Run a scan with MBAM or Spybot and see what it turns up.

pat1computer

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Thanks Phil - however, I do not accidentally hit the control or alt key - it just happens without doing anything. I could be typing an email and the screen goes to an Explorer internet screen and if I go back, sometimes, it goes back again.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
It may be an IE addon behaving badly. You can try disabling addons one at a time until you find the culprit. It could also be malware trying to take control of your browser. Run a scan with MBAM or Spybot and see what it turns up.

Solution

pat1computer

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

How do I disable any addons? If I have malware on my computer, which Norton doesn't find, which program is better - MBAM or Spybot - and easiest to use? Thanks.

pat1computer

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Thanks - I downloaded malwarebytes - but it only found PUM.Hijack.StartMenu - which I deleted (maybe I should have put it in Ignore - but too late now). Maybe that was the problem with my jumping screens.

I didn't download the superantispyware - not sure if I needed that also.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.