Just a General Blogging Question

Nov 28, 2013
Just a general question about blogging...i am a university tech student so was thinking if i should start a tech blog and maybe earn a few bucks generally for new gear not because that i am in real need but because i have to wait for a whole year so that my parents would give me the cash for my new gear(yes i live with my parents and so does everyone else and yes nobody in Pakistan hires a student for a job)so i was thinking that should i invest in a blog or is there anything that i should look into?help is appreciated 

Solution

By the time you can generate enough money from a blog to buy anything, you would have gotten the money from your parents.
An investment is usually made with the expectation that you will get that money back along with even more money.

So if you spend/invest money to start the blog you need to determine how you will get your money back: will someone pay you to place advertisements in your blog?

Since you need to wait a whole year then you can figure out how much money you need to receive each month (on average) to cover the cost of your investment and the return that you expect. And do not forget the value of your time - that is also part of the investment.

First figure out how much you need to invest with regards to ISP services, equipment, website/blog hosting etc.. Then figure out who, if anyone, may be willing to pay to advertise on your blog or otherwise pay for or subscribe to your blog services. Plan on needing a few months to prove the worth of your blog and the growth of readership before receiving any such income.

Summary: Can you, and how can you, really earn bucks from your blog and enough of those bucks to cover the costs. Plus have some left over for the purchase of new gear? That is what you need to figure out.

By the time you can generate enough money from a blog to buy anything, you would have gotten the money from your parents.

Solution