Just bought laptop cooler, need help with placement.

Zawbuck

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hello everyone,

As written in the title, I have just bought a cooler for my laptop. It's a Cooler Master Notepal U3, it has three fans which I can place whereever I want. But here is the problem, where should I place the fans to get the best possible result? I have a ASUS N56DY.

Picture from underneath:
bottom.jpg

Picture of the cooler together with fans:
IMG_0653.jpg

Solution
Put all three in the bottom line.
That means the fans should be blowing air upwards through the mesh of the CM base where the Space bar is.

But judging from the thickness of those fans, I have my doubts if they'll squeeze into that area, so you ought to move them a little bit upward till they finally manage to fit in.

dwatterworth

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
If your laptop support manual or just from observation/checking with your hand, can you find out which slots (probably all of them?) on the bottom of your laptop are the intakes? It's hard to tell the size of the fan compared to the size of the intake, but you'll want to maximize fan blade area exposure to the slotted intake areas. If you can, put more than one in that area. The center of the fan is obviously a large dead zone for air movement, so if you can fit 2 fans side to side under the intakes of the laptop, that would be best.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Put all three in the bottom line.
That means the fans should be blowing air upwards through the mesh of the CM base where the Space bar is.

But judging from the thickness of those fans, I have my doubts if they'll squeeze into that area, so you ought to move them a little bit upward till they finally manage to fit in.

Solution