Solved! Just got my new dell vostro laptop a few days back. Its lagging too much and is quite slow for a new laptop. My 8 year old laptop lags less than this.

May 29, 2019
Just got my new dell vostro laptop a few days back. Its lagging too much and is quite slow for a new laptop. Even small apps like file explorer takes time to open and google chrome also constantly hangs. Even when I open a photo, it takes time to open up. 50% of the time, apps like instagram, messenger and others take too long to open.
Is it normal for a new dell?
If not, please suggest something to fix this issue guys!!!!!!

Solution
No ssd
2GB GDDR5 vRAM

That is the video card memory not your system RAM. What are the exact specs of the system and how long have you had it? What exactly is "too long to open" in actual time? I have had people tell me "this takes a minute to open", when I timed it, it was like 15 seconds. Without a solid state programs will have a delay when opening, and if it's a new system it may still be running updates in the background.
No ssd
2GB GDDR5 vRAM

That is the video card memory not your system RAM. What are the exact specs of the system and how long have you had it? What exactly is "too long to open" in actual time? I have had people tell me "this takes a minute to open", when I timed it, it was like 15 seconds. Without a solid state programs will have a delay when opening, and if it's a new system it may still be running updates in the background.

Solution