Just need help

Mike_338

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I have a tv with just 2 hmdi ports , my direct tv box is in one and my dvd/surround in the other . I have a firstick . How can I use my firestick and get the surround sound to work with it ? I bought a splitter and hooked it up on the back of my tv . But can only switch from firestick to dvd on it . From what I can tell , I have no more hmdi ports to hook to anywhere . Im not much on hooking electronics up anyway .Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Solution
You need an HDMI input selector switch to expand the number of HDMI inputs.
If the DVD/HTS and TV both have ARC then connect it to the HDMI-ARC input and the switch to the other. That will get audio to the HTS from the DTV box and Firestick.
You can also use the optical output of the TV to get sound to the HTS.
Another option is to use an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to get sound from the DTV and firestick to the HTS.
You need an HDMI input selector switch to expand the number of HDMI inputs.
If the DVD/HTS and TV both have ARC then connect it to the HDMI-ARC input and the switch to the other. That will get audio to the HTS from the DTV box and Firestick.
You can also use the optical output of the TV to get sound to the HTS.
Another option is to use an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to get sound from the DTV and firestick to the HTS.

Solution