just ordered new laptop(need to know)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
the newer one hit me for $1100 old one $999. So i only go $1100. So far I'm only playing warcraft 3, watching dvd, anime, converting video. I dont know if I'll play anything other then war 3. geforce 7400 should be good enough? maybe 6150 was enough to play war 3 on high res?

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Im also gona test out windows vista on the new laptop and maybe post some benchmarks and screens. two weeks away :?

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I just got the first notebook and even though Im returning it I got to test it out.

HP sure does instal garbage software and lots of it. Will have some deleting to later ;).
The laptop is realy well made and the heat issue is so much different then my old acer sempron laptop. I got to play war 3, the highest settings the 6150 offers is 1024(everything on high). Game play was realy smooth, desktop smooth but I can't wait to play it on the geforce 7400go on even higher resolution.

Start up had 51 tasks running, I know there is crap to clear and I can lower that to 40. They instal crapy software like VONGO! CMON!
There is also 11gb of my HDD left for recovery so I had about 62GB free.

Im glad I ordered a recovery DVD for my other laptop.
The webcam is so sharp too

Over all I love the new laptop(even though I'm not gona use this one). I know what to expect.
BTW 12cell batteries weigh a lot LOL.

Also when I unpluged it from the AC power the laptop meter didn't show the time remaining but %. Is that normal? shouldnt it show the time remaining also?