Just wanted to know if this computer is to old

Feb 14, 2018
Hi all just wanted to ask a question I have an old gaming laptop (4 years old) just want to know if it could run PlanetSide 2 b4 giving it to my brother
GPU: GeForce GTX 580m
CPU: intel(R) core(TM) i7-2960xm CPU @ 2.70GHz
MEMORY: 8.00 GB RAM (7.98 usable)
CURRENT resolution: 1600 X 900, 60Hz
DRIVER version: 376.54
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 home
This all means nothing to me so pleas could some one help

jaguarskx

Champion
Hi... I hate to poop on your parade, but your laptop is actually almost 7 years old based on the hardware it has.

The quad core i7-2960xm is still fairly decent. It should perform better than the more recent 8th gen quad core i5-8250u CPU. While the GTX 580m was nVidia's flagship mobile CPU back in 2011, it about equal to the nVdia 940mx which is considered to be a budget mobile GPU nowadays. I would say the laptop is a little above the stated requirements for Planetside 2.

Since PS2 is a free 2 play game, why not download it and try it for yourself. At worse the performance is not "good enough" and all you would have wasted is just a little bit of your time.

jaguarskx

Champion
Hi... I hate to poop on your parade, but your laptop is actually almost 7 years old based on the hardware it has.

The quad core i7-2960xm is still fairly decent. It should perform better than the more recent 8th gen quad core i5-8250u CPU. While the GTX 580m was nVidia's flagship mobile CPU back in 2011, it about equal to the nVdia 940mx which is considered to be a budget mobile GPU nowadays. I would say the laptop is a little above the stated requirements for Planetside 2.

Since PS2 is a free 2 play game, why not download it and try it for yourself. At worse the performance is not "good enough" and all you would have wasted is just a little bit of your time.

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you
7year old :/ i didn't realise how old it was but thankyou for you answer and advise I didn't know PS2 was free to play I'll got it download now :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop General Discussion 0
J Laptop General Discussion 0
Ansh.barman17 Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 2
P Laptop General Discussion 6
T Laptop General Discussion 3
U Laptop General Discussion 7
T Laptop General Discussion 12
J Laptop General Discussion 7
D Laptop General Discussion 5
X Laptop General Discussion 1