Justin 'Mac' Long Messes With Bieber-aware Teen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Rhynn[/nom]How are you failing English?!?!? You SPEAK English!!!!![/citation]
Speaking and writing are very different, writing correctly is usually much harder then speaking correctly.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Aside from all the Mac bla bla here, Justin points out a very disturbing trend of texting reforming the language. ... and not in a good way. Call me old-school, but no matter what technology camp you love to hate, spelling is still a universal thing to show your education or lack there of. It may be cool between peers, but an ill skill for real life. Just imagine a job application written like that (and yes, they are more frequent now). Kids (and some adults) do themselves a disservice to mangle language like that.

Go ahead and down-rate me since I didn't bash the Mac or anything like that, but this post has nothing to with which company you like to give your money right now.

Fetal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
That was funny. But i remember this guy from that really popular and i watched it couple of times "Jeepers Creepers', then Pineapple Express and Drag me to hell, Youth in revolt was latest i watched of him.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Isn't it sad how text speech mutilates the English language (or other languages for that matter - the way my native tongue Dutch is being mutilated is even worse)? That you use shorthand in texts is quite normal, but why 'phelt' or 'igknore'? Such words are barely shorter or even longer than the original, so what's the point in using them?

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I actually wanna see a transcript of the whole thing.

[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Isn't it sad how text speech mutilates the English language (or other languages for that matter - the way my native tongue Dutch is being mutilated is even worse)? That you use shorthand in texts is quite normal, but why 'phelt' or 'igknore'? Such words are barely shorter or even longer than the original, so what's the point in using them?[/citation]

Those examples were what he was doing on purpose to make fun of the fact that that's what the other person's messages looked like. Then she never even mentioned it.

G

" spelling is still a universal thing to show your education or lackthere of. " - thuerkorn

Sorta ;-). My Australian English spelling is "corrected" to the different US version. I don't mind as I think USA standards mostly improved spelling, but NOT pronunciation! Then we have different terms for the same thing & different meanings for the same word, even between adjacent states! That's not even national let alone global let alone UNIVERSAL!

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Good thing I watched Sesame Street when I was 4, a good basic for English.

Elmo, Count Dracula, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Kermit the Frog... Ahhh, those were the good ol' days...

By the way, is my grammar correct?

G

Who the hell is Justin Long? He looks like some loser Chris Angel wannabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.