JXD Releases 7-inch Tablet With Gaming Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Well.. Even if it's not Tegra 3 with 2GB of RAM, 32GB SSD, and Super AMOLED (probably not even capacitive), this might actually be good for some classical console/MAME emulation gaming :)

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Well.. Even if it's not Tegra 3 with 2GB of RAM, 32GB SSD, and Super AMOLED (probably not even capacitive), this might actually be good for some classical console/MAME emulation gaming :)[/citation]
hahahaha i was gonna say the thing, this is a good option for kids, they might not prefer it over a DS or PSP but at least they have something else to choose

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]hahahaha i was gonna say the thing, this is a good option for kids, they might not prefer it over a DS or PSP but at least they have something else to choose[/citation]

actually this thing could probably emulate the ds, and if coded probably emulate the PSP

granted I think it has a 1 GHz chip that might be wrong

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The gaming market for such toys really does need a lot more players with decent graphics. Kids and grownups all over the world have been sucking at Sony or Xbox, it's like the Cola Wars.... just 2 Companies , so it's like not too many options out there , their consoles may not be that expensive but the games just keep adding upto more than all the consoles put together.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]The gaming market for such toys really does need a lot more players with decent graphics. Kids and grownups all over the world have been sucking at Sony or Xbox, it's like the Cola Wars.... just 2 Companies , so it's like not too many options out there , their consoles may not be that expensive but the games just keep adding upto more than all the consoles put together.[/citation]

6-8 months time there'll be 3 options with 'decent' graphics..

9_breaker

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
sounds cool but i would prefer a psp 3000 since you can emulate ps2 games and its seems like it would be a lot easier to hold .

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]jxd rules... until apple and nintendo takes notice....[/citation]

If it doesn't arrive to countries that have strict copyright policies, they won't.

I bet this thing won't arrive to the USA anytime soon. Even if it leaves China, it won't be on every other country.

Anyway, if it is of good quality, then using it to emulate SNES, NEOGEO, SEGA, N64 or PS1 would be very attractive.

Cheers!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
This thing will never make it here. At least, not with the emulators bundled and certainly not with ROMs! The hardware/price ratio is acceptable, but I have a hard time trusting China's electronic knock-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.