Kaspersky Rescue Disk - BIOS doesn't support usb boot

Eugene1212

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
Hey, i'm a newbie when it comes to tech so easy now lol. Anyways, so recently i bought the cd kaspersky anti-virus after noticing that everytime i turned on my laptop (samsung notebook) there were many ads poping up, and noticed that in google chrome, my default web broswer is no longer google but some unknown one that i do not reckon getting before. But it gets worse when almost everytime i click on a desired link, the entire browser will redirect me either to an ad or some random website. So after being fed up i decided to switch my anti-virus to kaspersky to see if it can get rid of this malware or whatever issue this may be (i've tried troubleshooting the issue manually by unistalling unkown programs from control panel and other things but nothing has worked). After uninstalling my previous anti-virus software, and began to install kaspersky, at the end of the installation process i recieve an error saying "Kaspersky PURE 3.0 was not installed successfully. Your computer may be infected. To scan your computer for viruses you are advised to use the free application Kaspersky Rescue Disk." So after installing kaspersky rescue disk onto a usb, I went into BIOS but wasn't given the option to boot from it. I've tried disabling Fast BIOS Mode but that hasnt given me the option. I've been to many other threads suggesting certain things but i've had zero luck. Anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers :)

Solution
As long as your computer will still boot and allow surfing, etc., the two 'gold standards' for your symptoms would likely be:

adwCleaner
JunkwareRemovalTool

Both are available at www.bleepingcomputer.com

Paul NZ

Admirable
Boot into safe mode / networking

Put teamviewer on it if you want www.teamviewer.com

I can check it out from here. If you install it give me the ID and password it gives you in a PM

Dont worry you'll see what I'm doing

Its probably adware that you've installed