Keeps showing downloading Windows screen and restarting constantly...

brandonmingchai

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I was trying to factory reset my Windows 10 acer laptop....
Everything went smoothly and my computer was downloading Windows..
But suddenly the computer shut down because I realized that I forgot to charge it..
When I started it up it showed a screen saying "your computer went into an unexpected error while downloading windows, click on 'ok' to restart your Windows download".
So I clicked ok, and it restarted and asked me the same thing agian and again and again and I kept clicking 'ok'
And then, I searched for help online and it asked me to open command prompt and type in regedit and find in the Registry Editor "HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion" and after highliting childcompletion,on the right hand side check for setup.exe and change it to 3.
So, I did that and now it just messed up my computer....
Now, it just constantly restarts and will show a glimpse of the Windows downloading screen and restarts.
Please help me with this issue guys :)

brandonmingchai

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from brandonmingchai : "Keeps showing downloading Windows screen and restarting constantly..."

I was trying to factory reset my Windows 10 acer laptop....
Everything went smoothly and my computer was downloading Windows..
But suddenly the computer shut down because I realized that I forgot to charge it..
When I started it up it showed a screen saying "your computer went into an unexpected error while downloading windows, click on 'ok' to restart your Windows download".
So I clicked ok, and it restarted and asked me the same thing agian and again and again and I kept clicking 'ok'
And then, I searched for help online and it asked me to open command prompt and type in regedit and find in the Registry Editor "HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion" and after highliting childcompletion,on the right hand side check for setup.exe and change it to 3.
So, I did that and now it just messed up my computer....
Now, it just constantly restarts and will show a glimpse of the Windows downloading screen and restarts.
Please help me with this issue guys :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 0
darren12341234 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
eden02 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Truefate Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Goodvibes2021 Laptop Tech Support 0
miketheknight2016 Laptop Tech Support 1