Kernel data inpage error

Pistolarull97

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Hi, i'm having some issues with my laptop for some time. The error i get is always Kernel_data_inpage_error. Sometimes it's just shutting down after BSOD without doing anything, and sometimes i get the error after opening a program or two, the windows getting blocked, unable to move the pointer. Can someone help me ? I tried a lot of things, but none have worked till now.

Try the following....

Go to "Start" and in the search type "CMD" (without the quotes). Right click on it in the list and make sure you open it with "Admin Privileges".

Once it loads typ "chkdsk /r" (again without the quotes) this should check your drive and do any needed repairs (if repairable). Once it is done, exit that window and reboot the computer.

If it is getting blocked, there may well be problems with the hard drive and it may need replacing. If you can, to be able to get the data off of it, you may well have to pull it, and connect it externally (using an adapter) to another computer so you can view the drive like you would a thumb drive or other device and pull your data off of it.

However, if the laptop is under warranty still, then I would really suggest you contact the manufacturer before opening anything, and see if they have a suggestion on saving the data, as well as getting it repaired/replaced under the warranty.

Pistolarull97

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
I succeeded to save the data using ubuntu and after that i format and reinstall windows 8.1 on the hard disk. The data is no more a problem. Unfortunately my warranty has expired but i will go with the laptop to a service to see what they can do. I have one more question. Can someone know what is going on, watching over my dump files ?

Btw, i just got another BSOD error.......MEMORY_MANAGEMENT