Keyboard and mouse not working Toshiba

Louise_11

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
Toshiba satellite c50-a-156

About 2 months ago my laptop keyboard stopped working. When The log in screen came on, the password box filled up with black dots and I was unable to delete them. It was like a key was stuck. I was mid exams so used the ease of access to log in and bought a usb keyboard to use so I could use it as I was unable to find a fix for it online. I also updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10 in a bid to have it working again. I've been using the usb keyboard since (now completed exams) and I've just turned to laptop on. The same thing is happening however now my mouse is not working so I can't click on the ease of access.
I've changed usbs for the keyboard - nothing.
Unplugged, removed battery, turned on. (A lot!)
Seen on a forum to combine these and repeatedly press f2 then f9 enter and F10 enter, but this isn't working on either keyboard.
I've done ctrl alt delete X 2 but still Nothing is coming up.
I've attempted to reboot it by following online instructions but nothing is coming up. It's only responsive when I press enter on usb keyboard once all the endless black dots are there in the password box. Then it comes up its incorrect obviously but I can't press enter again to get back to a clear password box in an attempt to renter my password.
I don't use my laptop that often outside exam time and it's mainly for lesuirely use but this is infuriating.
Also I hope this makes sense because I'm really out of my depth here, I'm clueless on this stuff
Thanks!!!

Solution

You did not say you already got a new keyboard for it, no way for anyone to know without that info being in the post.

Really the only thing that would cause both the laptop keyboard and external keyboards not to work is a bad motherboard, but your repeating key thing also shows that it may be a bad...

Louise_11

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Eh no, I bought a new keyboard for it and now that isn't working either. The laptop keyboard isn't working and now neither is a new usb keyboard. Like I said I've changed usbs for that.
Thanks anyway

You did not say you already got a new keyboard for it, no way for anyone to know without that info being in the post.

Really the only thing that would cause both the laptop keyboard and external keyboards not to work is a bad motherboard, but your repeating key thing also shows that it may be a bad keyboard. Try removing the laptop keyboard and try with the USB keyboard. Did you spill anything on the laptop?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS