Keyboard Behaving Strangely

Ozoriah

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
I have an MSI MS-16GD and I'm having a little bit of trouble with my keyboard on a couple of accounts. The first being that a few of the buttons have stopped working without there being any incident to start it. The keys not working are the k, q, and numpad 0 keys. I'm aware that it is possible my keyboard may be becoming defective, but I truly hope that isn't the case because I don't now if I can replace it and I don't want it either. I noticed when it was first happening that a hard tap on the key could get it to work, but eventually that stopped working. Then later I found that if I held down the key the didn't work and then tapped a different utility k (like the shift key) while still holding the defective key that it would begin working for a little bit. But now that has recently stopped working and I have no way of using those 3 keys. I also just found something strange today. My laptop has volume control buttons on the left and right arrow keys that change the volume down and up respectively while holding the fn key, but today I just found that they are somehow reversed. The volume up now makes the volume go down and vice versa. If anyone has any solutions or help at for this situation I would be very grateful.

(For some reason none of the tags would load so I apologize for this post having no tags, I will continue trying to add some)

EDIT: It appears my tilda button doesn't work as well, but I would only need that for opening console commands in select programs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For some reason none of the tags would load so I apologize for this post having no tags, I will continue trying to add some"

[Note from moderator: I believe only admin staff & moderators can add/edit tags]

Solution
Hi,

Please do test your keyboard if it requires a replacement already.

- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all those keys are working just fine it's time to replace the keyboard.
Hi,

Please do test your keyboard if it requires a replacement already.

- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all those keys are working just fine it's time to replace the keyboard.

Solution