Solved! Keyboard continues to back space

Dec 17, 2018
Every time I go to type on my keyboard my computer automatically starts back spacing. Even the on screen keyboard does the exact same thing. Idk what to do

It could be there is dust, debris, liquid in the keyboard near the backspace. It could also be a virus, malware, etc., on the device that is messing with how it reacts. If none of the above is found to be the issue, then try the following...

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then try the following... just make sure you disconnect the external keyboard while the system is reloading.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

It could be there is dust, debris, liquid in the keyboard near the backspace. It could also be a virus, malware, etc., on the device that is messing with how it reacts. If none of the above is found to be the issue, then try the following...

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then try the following... just make sure you disconnect the external keyboard while the system is reloading.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
chaplark Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
corinne44 Laptop Tech Support 2
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
LLRye Laptop Tech Support 8