keyboard is malfunctioning i don't know what to do

gdatsomor

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
My keyboard was working just fine but i plugged in a pen drive which i suspect to be infected with virus and after i had unplugged the drive i noticed something went wrong with my keyboard. I had even wanted to run a new installation but I can't even go into the bios since my F2 key is also affected....

Solution
Well if it is a virus or malware, you will have to check the computer for it and then remove it. You can also try the following, for the keyboard itself...

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating...
Well if it is a virus or malware, you will have to check the computer for it and then remove it. You can also try the following, for the keyboard itself...

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution