Solved! Keyboard issues - Fujitsu S904

sammin

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
  1. the left shift key does not respond anymore, which makes it much harder changing to capitals and to do a host of other things.
  2. the "t" on the keyboard is also not responding as it used to.
do you have any suggestions to remedy these things? If I can help it, i don´t want to take the computer to the shop, because this will take a few days and i can´t me without the laptop for work....
any suggestions gratefully received

Solution
If the BT keyboard hasn't yet arrives, try the Onscreen keyboard to check that isn't necessarily the built-in keyboard the culprit.

That said, the problem is in two neighbouring sets so take a look at the underside of the keyboard. Pressing from the back sometimes fix this issue..

sammin

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
Hover the pipe end of a vacuum cleaner over the keyboard. Bread crumbs can make things go awry and they are the culprits in many situations like yours.
Yes, I cleaned up all the garbage and dust, but it still didn't respond. I have bought a Bluetooth keyboard for temporary use. I am trying various methods to repair it. If it does n’t work, I just have to replace it with a new keyboard

If the BT keyboard hasn't yet arrives, try the Onscreen keyboard to check that isn't necessarily the built-in keyboard the culprit.

That said, the problem is in two neighbouring sets so take a look at the underside of the keyboard. Pressing from the back sometimes fix this issue..

Solution