Solved! Keyboard key issues with control and shift c and also minus key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2018
Recently my ASUS ROG GL552VW, has been having some keyboard issues where for some reason the shift and control doesn't work for just C (it works with every other key). Also every time I try to log into my computer it will spam the minus (-) key like its being held down, but when I delete it from the password slot, it won't do it again until I log back in. These are the only keys I'm having issues with.

I have searched a fair bit online and haven't found a solution yet. I've done the uninstalling of the keyboard driver process, shut down the computer with the battery removed, checked the driver for updates and done a full computer scan and nothing has worked.

Please Help

Solution
Have you checked the keys to make sure there is nothing stuck in them? If that isn't it, then the keyboard could be damaged. I suggest trying an external keyboard to see if it works for you. If it works fine, then you will either have to keep using an external one, or replace the attached keyboard.

Should even an external one not work, then you may well have a motherboard problem.
Have you checked the keys to make sure there is nothing stuck in them? If that isn't it, then the keyboard could be damaged. I suggest trying an external keyboard to see if it works for you. If it works fine, then you will either have to keep using an external one, or replace the attached keyboard.

Should even an external one not work, then you may well have a motherboard problem.

Solution
Nov 11, 2018

Ok, thanks for the response I'll give an external keyboard a go. If not I'll see if its under warranty still.

Status
Not open for further replies.