Keyboard not responding at all.

therefiller

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Hello. My HP Pavilion dv2700 laptop PC has been experiencing some strange issues in the past few days. The keyboard randomly locked up and is not responding at all. When I press the Caps Lock button, the light doesn't go on for example. Here are some things we have tried doing to fix this problem:

- Check for faulty drivers
- Boot into safe mode to fix corrupt files
- Scan the computer

All of this came to no avail. However, the laptop works when an external keyboard is plugged in, which is the best part of this situation. And also on the bright side, the only thing on the keyboard interface that actually works is the power button. The built in mouse, left-click, right-click, ALL of that does not do anything.

Here is a less important question, but one none-the-less. My laptop's screen also randomly locks up. You can still hear the humming, and the programs are still running in the background, but the screen is completely black and the "wireless" light turns from green to red. At this point all we can do is hold down the power button for 5 seconds to clear the problem. This happens about twice a day.

Thank you guys. I really don't want to reinstall windows if this problem doesn't clear up. Any help would be fine. Remember, me and my family are depending on this! :ange:

UPDATE - My laptop froze up just a few minutes ago and the power button was blinking blue. I hit a key on the keyboard and it starts humming and goes into the error "red wireless light" stage again. So at least it has some response.

dfaiver

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
We are having the exact same issue with an HP DV1000 or DV1520 (not sure at the moment) laptop. Except we haven't had a problem with the screen locking up. If anyone has ideas, please reply.