Keyboard on laptop and external keyboard doesn't work

caks1323

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
I can't get either keyboard to work, I can't get past the password screen, I can't even get it to go to the setup page, it just beeps at me when I hold the f2 button. It worked yesterday, until it updated. I got it to work once by holding the right shift key down, but then it wouldn't let me open anything, no files, folders nothing, it came up as a read only file, but still wouldn't let me open it from there, then my keys on my keyboard weren't working right, like none of the letters were letters etc..

Have you tried turning it off, connecting the external keyboard and then turning it on? It should allow for the external one to do the work needed then. However if you don't turn it off first, and try and connect the keyboard while it is on, then it may well not work.

Note: I am referring to an external keyboard that connects via USB. Not a Bluetooth one.

Have you tried turning it off, connecting the external keyboard and then turning it on? It should allow for the external one to do the work needed then. However if you don't turn it off first, and try and connect the keyboard while it is on, then it may well not work.

Note: I am referring to an external keyboard that connects via USB. Not a Bluetooth one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Satish3409 Laptop Tech Support 3
SirDeafCheese Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 0
Mathias Aivasovsky Laptop Tech Support 1
chaplark Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4