Keyboard replacement for an Advent 7107

pen_and_paper

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
Hiya Folks, I need to find a service manual or similar, so that I can try and sort out the water damaged keyboard on this machine. I've looked on a fair amount of sites with no joy, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this(or on a similar) machine, or even where to find a manual for the innards.

The rest of the lappy is fine, and was given free due to the above problem, so I certainly don't mind spending the time and/or some money sorting this out.

Any ideas?

edvardas911

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Hi,

I am not sure how is with this particular laptop keyboard removing procedure, but quite often it is quite easy to remove keyboard. Of cause it's better to have user manual, but I think you can try to google it. Also I believe that keyboard for Advent 7107 is the same as for Philips X54, X57, X58 laptops. I am not 100% sure, but you can check this listing for Philips X54 X58 and you will know if your keyboard is the same:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250180788336&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

If your keyboard is the same, than possibly keyboard removing procedure will be the same as on Philips laptop. Than you can try to find Philips manual.

Regards,
Edvardas

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I have no idea about your model, but with most laptops, removing the keyboard is easy. You just remove a few screws on the bottom, remove the cable and it comes right out. Some laptops even have the screws marked with K to indicate keyboard. Good Luck