Keyboard stopped working after updating driver.

Mckenzie_1

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
This is my first time posting so I hope I'm in the right place. But here we go:

First off my laptop is the Asus rog gl502vm model. now then.

The title doesn't really tell exactly whats going on. so I'm gonna explain it all from the start. I just got a new laptop off amazon (new is technical, it was used BUT it WAS working fine, lights and all the controls). When it came in I downloaded a few things to test out the specs of the laptop. Once satisfied i went ahead and powered down and popped the back off and installed a new m.2 ssd to speed up the pc a bit. once done I installed a fresh copy of windows on it and formatted the old hdd and what not. Everything was still working fine at this point.

Now heres where it gets fun. Ever since the fresh install, the keyboard wasnt working properly in that it typed and i could use the fn key to change the volume and turn the num locks on and off but only those 2 things. the rest of the fn combinations didnt work and the keyboard backlight was off. I thought nothing of it. just a simple driver patch was all i guessed.

So I went to Asus site and downloaded the "hotfix" that said it was for keyboard issues. Well heres where it started. after installing the driver, my keyboard stopped working all together. No typing or nothing except for the power button. After trying everything I could think of (fiddling with the drivers in device manager, resetting windows, completely reinstalling, etc...) and I am at a loss. I'm beginning to think that the used laptop just decided to die on me. But what leads me to believe that its still a software issue is that every time i restart it, the backlight on the keyboard comes on for just a bit because thats part of its process when turning on so if that works then its gotta be something Im missing or something to get it working again...

So thats where I'm at. I have no idea what else to try I was literally about to return it if this cant be resolved. Can anyone offer any explanations or advice on what to try?

thank you for anyone who replies and sorry for all the typo's. its late here.