Keyboard suddenly stops working (urgent).

Stewie463

Prominent
May 3, 2017
I have an Aspire E5-575G Signature Edition.The problem I have appeared right when I typed in my password; I typed it and instantly when I hit enter the text disappeared and my keyboard broke. This is the first time this issue has occurred, and restarting doesn't work. Also I don't know how to uninstall my keyboard drivers (as it' not in my programs section.

Solution
To uninstall the driver(s) you go into "Control Panel" then click "Device Manager".

In this new window click to open the drop down under "Keyboards". Next right click on your keyboard in the list (if more than one shows) and click "Properties". A new window will open. In this window click the "Driver" tab and then click the "Uninstall" button. Click "OK" and you are done. Now just reboot and let the computer reinstall the driver on its own.

If none of this helps, try an external keyboard.

To uninstall the driver(s) you go into "Control Panel" then click "Device Manager".

In this new window click to open the drop down under "Keyboards". Next right click on your keyboard in the list (if more than one shows) and click "Properties". A new window will open. In this window click the "Driver" tab and then click the "Uninstall" button. Click "OK" and you are done. Now just reboot and let the computer reinstall the driver on its own.

If none of this helps, try an external keyboard.

Solution