Kindle 2 Gets Price Cut, Goes International

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I'd rather use a smartphone, those can use e-readers and the Internet too, plus they can do more useful things for a similar price.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Until theres page bookmarking for multiple e-books, page selection, actual savings for all e-books as opposed to buying the actual book (your "saving" the environment after all), a search option like ctrr+f and the capability to input notes, I will forever consider these far behind what we should expect for near or above $300 US

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Right now the only reason for me to get a Kindle instead of using my Smart Phone is the battery life difference. I hope Palm/Apple/RIM/etc get the idea and use a blended LED/OLED and e-paper screens for future phones. I don't need a full color display to view my email and 90% of the other stuff I use it for.

G

Associate:
Kindle has page bookmarking for multiple e-books, page selection, actual savings for most books and if there isn't you can email Amazon and they may adjust prices accordingly (my wife has done it). You can search on any text and you can input notes.

Anything else?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Its not simply a B&W display. Its a very modern B&W for very sharp text reading that works under sunlight as well. It includes wireless transmission without needing additional hardware or paying for a service.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Dunno, my Sony PRS 505 serves me well.

Its not simply a B&W display. Its a very modern B&W for very sharp text reading that works under sunlight as well.
Nah, it's not "sharp" in any way. It might be a bit better than bad quality newspaper, but it's nowhere near books. Still, it's quite comfortable to read in well it rooms.

pando

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Amazon is pre-ordering the Kindle 2 International version for $279. The Kindle 2 US version is available new for $259 or refurbished from $219.

Status
Not open for further replies.