Kindle Fire Reached 95K Pre-Orders in 24hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Just goes to show you that the company selling the device makes all the difference. Amazon has the infrastructure to make this an iPad competitor, BlackBerry, HP, and the like do not.

zankuto

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Hey tom's hardware crew if your reading the comments mind posting a news article on the benchmark or something?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Wow....that's pitiful. Only slightly better than a i7-2860QM??[/citation]
that's not pitiful AT ALL! wth are you talking about!! it's doing better than bloomfield!! AND the 2500k! rumors are itll be priced around $250, sounds DAMN sweet to me

i think you're just an INTEL fanboy, look at the entire chart buddy before you jump to conclusions. mobile processors have come a long way.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
Difficult to beat good marketing and branding.

Everyone knows who Amazon is. Who's RIM? I mean, many people have heard of Blackberrys - smart phone with something to do with business, but who is RIM.

megoogler

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Kindle Fire doesn't have microSD slot that Nook Color has thus it is stuck with 6 GB usable internal storage unlike Nook Color that can get up to 32 GB card in. Kindles are made to be almost like a "dumb terminal" of the past to make sure you're tied up to Amazon's storage on the web (for which you need Wi-Fi connection to get to.) and you can only store content you get from Amazon there, not other files and they can spy on your web activities through the new cloud-integrated web browser. Also, VERY IMPORTANT – lack of microSD slot means that if you decide to root your Kindle Fire, you’ll have to root the actual device thus there will be no coming back. On Nook, you can make it boot from a “rooted” microSD card and if you want to get back to the original Nook you can just take out the card and reboot. Nook Color still has the best on the market anti-glare coated screen that is better for eading/viewing outside.
B&N is rumored to be coming out with Nook Color 2 shortly that will sure to have Netflix app among others (you won’t find it on Kindle). Nook Touch is still better designed than even the new Kindle Touch with battery lasting two months with ONE hour reading a day with Wi-Fi off thus it's still twice as long as new Kindle's two months with HALF and hour a day with Wi-Fi off. It looks like Kindle didn't get any battery improvement in the new model, they only changed the test condition. More, Kindle Touch still flashes black on each page turn while Nook Touch reduces the flashing by 80%.

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Welp, just pre-ordered 3 for family. Was going to wait for 10" but will go ahead and get those when launched as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.