Kindle Fire Replacement - Broke old one

samborambo56

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I recently managed to brick my kindle fire completely by trying to install android os onto it.

I was pissed off that it had 'bricked' so easily and decided to try and 'get lucky' by phoning amazon support and asking for new one.

After clarifying it wasn't a simple problem (as I already knew) they decided to send me new one but I need to send the old one back.

When I send the old one back will they try and find out what is wrong and if they do, will they try to charge me for the new kindle or should I not worry. I just feel quite guilty now because their support has been so good :/ and also I am worried they will discover it wasn't accidental damage.

Anyone got any opinions/suggestions

samborambo56

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Wow thanks for being so re - assuring ...but bearing in mind this kindle wont even switch on, its like completely dead :L

samborambo56

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

But surely I can claim it as 'accidental' damage to some extent, right? and if they've just sent me a new one straight off after a 10 minute phone call because its under warranty, then I get the impression they would have sent me a new one regardless ... even if I'd like deliberately smashed it with a hammer or something...

samborambo56

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

At no point in the phone conversation was I asked about whether I'd broke it accidentally or not so no, I didn't tell them :S ... The reason I was trying to install android os was because the os on the kindle by default SUCKS and it doesn't even have flappy bird in its app store...:(