.kml editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
So I have been doing some mapping with my GPS equiped phone, the files are stored as a .kml file, which can be opened in google earth. If I open the .kml file in notepad i get all the coordinates etc. I am looking for something I can use to move the waypoints because some of them are way off (screwed up GPS reading) so perferably I want to drag the waypoint to the proper location. Does anybody know of anysoftware, freeware or not that can do this.

Solution
Open your KML file in GE, select the item you want to edit (either waypoint or track), right click and select "Properties". It you are editing a point, the icon will change to a square "target" that can be moved where you like. If you have chosen a track, right click on the track, select "Properties" and the individual nodes will be displayed as small squares. Each can be grabbed and moved where you choose.

kgustafson

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Open your KML file in GE, select the item you want to edit (either waypoint or track), right click and select "Properties". It you are editing a point, the icon will change to a square "target" that can be moved where you like. If you have chosen a track, right click on the track, select "Properties" and the individual nodes will be displayed as small squares. Each can be grabbed and moved where you choose.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.