Kodak easyshare c743 blue lines and areas error

fastshot

Estimable
May 7, 2014
Hi,
I'd want to buy a 2nd hand kodak easyshare c743 camera (year 2006) and I tried to test it. I'm completely stranger to this field so I'd want to ask you your opinion. I could test it only twice: by night in interiors with artificial light and I saw no problems; by day, in interiors as well, and I noticed that whenever I heard the noise of the lens mechanism to focus subjects a series of horizontal lines and areas appeared on display and they were light blue / light violet coloured and they were partially trasparent and the trasparency varied according to the noise and the focusing. They disappeared from display when the subject was focused and the lens noise stopped. My shots were good both if taken with blue areas appearing during the live view and if taken with no blue lines/areas appearing in the live.

I could test the camera for few shots and I can't say if this error occurs with a particular setup or not, if the blue stripes configuration was constant and I can't say how this error is old and what kind of causes could have generated it. I just can say this error doesn't occur for night interiors shots.

I tried to search the web for kodak cameras' troubles and this is what I've found:

-http://www.ehow.com/how_5460577_repair-kodak-easy-share-camera.html
Contact Kodak Support if you see white or blue horizontal lines, or if your images appear reversed. This problem is above your expert level and requires servicing. Additionally, if you dropped your camera in liquid of any kind, contact Kodak Support.

-http://www.ehow.com/about_5369554_problems-kodak-digital-camera.html
Whenever your camera screen is white or blue with horizontal or vertical lines it could mean that the camera has been exposed to extremely hot temperatures and its likely overheating. Kodak digital cameras do not have the durability to handle extremely hot or cold temperatures. If your camera was accidentally dropped in liquid, you could also see these lines. Other camera screen problems include reversed or inverted images, or a black screen that prevents you from seeing any images.

-http://www.fixya.com/support/t5222137-horizontal_lines_photos
My Kodak Z650 has suddenly started having horizontal lines on the pictures, both in live view but also on the photo itself. Ideas?
You no need to fix this problem. This is a CCD failure and in some cases had been subject to a recall.Contact Kodak support this may be one of the recalls and replacement camera could be on its way. They will do it for free of cost.

What do you think about it? If it's not an error how much would you spend for this camera (completely packaged and with a 2GB memery card)?
If I could be a bit OT, I'd want to ask you if I could find second hand compact cameras better than this one under 30 euros (let's say 40 USD) and, if yes, which ones.

Thank you in advance for your answers,
Cheers :)

fastshot

Estimable
May 7, 2014
Thank you very much popatim :) You saved me (and my money) from a bad camera!
Well, could you suggest me any 2nd hand cameras for 40$ max?
Thank you again :)