Kotion Each G9000 Headset Mic Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrya

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Basically, I have a Kotion Each G9000 that I'm trying to get to work with my HP Pavilion laptop.
This laptop only has ONE input for audio devices. The playback is fine. However, the mic is not recognized. I have checked the "Show disconnected/disabled devices" to no avail. Keep in mind that this headset has ONE combo mic/playback cable. I have tried this on other devices and yes, the mic and the headset do work together.

Here's a link to the amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Headset-Earphone-Headband-Microphone/dp/B014P7Z6AM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475445786&sr=8-1&keywords=kotion+each+g9000

Thanks for the help!

It sounds like a very common problem laptops now. The device's jack only works as an output, not an input. Why they have done this, I have no good reason for, however, as I said, it is very common.

The only ways around this are...

1. Get an adapter that will go from the jack to a USB jack and connect the microphone that way.

2. Get a microphone with a USB.

3. Replace the jack (which usually requires replacing the motherboard, with a jack that is both input and output.

angrya

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Well, thanks for the reply!
However, I did happen to search up the audio specs of my laptop and it's a combo jack... correct me if I have misunderstood but that means that it should be able to transmit both playback and mic?
Thanks again!

angrya

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Well, do you happen to know where I could find an adapter to fit my situation? If possible, I wouldn't mind a link ;)
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.