kraken 7.1 wire replacement

juholin

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
My kraken 7.1 wire broke i think cause every time i move wire it cuts the audio off the game. i have to restart game every time. This really fustrates me and i dont want to buy new headset

Solution
Eliminate the port and sound source as a possiblity by trying the Kraken's on another sound source:

If you know where the break is you may be able to splice it.

Find the break by listening to music and work your way along the cable using your fingers to gently test, bend, and pull lightly.

Check the connection points to the plug and earphones.

Once the break is located, the wire would be cut at that point. Strip about 3/4" of wire on all leads and then twist the bare conductors to together. You do need to keep track of which wire pairs up. The twisted joints should be soldered but heat shrink tubing could work just as well. Once joined each wire is wrapped with a bit of electrical tape to again separate them to prevent metal to...
Eliminate the port and sound source as a possiblity by trying the Kraken's on another sound source:

If you know where the break is you may be able to splice it.

Find the break by listening to music and work your way along the cable using your fingers to gently test, bend, and pull lightly.

Check the connection points to the plug and earphones.

Once the break is located, the wire would be cut at that point. Strip about 3/4" of wire on all leads and then twist the bare conductors to together. You do need to keep track of which wire pairs up. The twisted joints should be soldered but heat shrink tubing could work just as well. Once joined each wire is wrapped with a bit of electrical tape to again separate them to prevent metal to metal contact.

Look for wiring splicing videos on the internet for more detailed guidelines and suggestions.

Hopefully the break is somewhere fixable and not just pulled out on one end or the other. That may be repairable as well - just trickier.

Solution