Krk rokit 5 g2 studio monitors sound problem

Parsa_t

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Hi
I just bought a pair of krk rokit 5 g2 from eBay. They both have dented dust caps. 1 has a really small dent and the other one is dented pretty badly. Also when I played some music I noticed that the one with the small dent sounds clear and really good but the other one that had a big dent doesn't sound clear at all. They both sound the same on the low ends but the high sounds like snare or hat drums the one with the dent sounds distorted and low and the quality is really bad.(sounds like a really cheap USB speaker) I tried switching cables and stuff but none of that worked please help me to fix this problem I paid quite a lot for these

Eek, did they look that way in the photos' sent in the Ebay ad, or was it mentioned? I wouldn't take that and be sending them back for a refund.

That said, use your ears. Play some music and put your ear up to the tweeter area to see if it's even working. The woofer cone being in shouldn't make a difference in the high's, but a blown tweeter or crossover would.

Parsa_t

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

The dents werent visible in the picture and the seller thinks they might have happened during the delivery.
Also I dont think the tweeter is working since its not vibrating at all? and im desperately looking for a way to fix this issue

Parsa_t

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Parsa_t : "KRK Rokit 5 G2 no sound from the Tweeter"

Hi
I bought a used pair of krk rokit 5 g2s. There is no sound coming out of the tweeter of one of them but the other sounds fine. I was wondering if there is a way to fix it and how to fix it on a budget since i cant spend a lot of money fixing them or buying another one.
I appreciate your input

You can take it apart, or as I already said, sent them back. You bought something broken.