lapton start up failure

neiljones33

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
My laptop would not start so i tried a windows repair but this was going for two days. So i tried starting in safe mode but it fails i cant use the disk drive as this has been broken for a long time. Is there any experts out there who can tell me any way to get my photos that were saved on the hard drive off?
it is a hp probook 4510s so i ran a hp check from the start up and it said that it failed the start up test and the run in test due to memory module 2 but passed the hard drive test

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Well the answer to your problem is in your question it's due to memory failure module 2 is faulty? If you have two memory modules installed try to remove one of them? if you able to work out which module 2 is that's the one to remove I found a link that may help you get to the memory in your laptop. If you take it apart see if you can get it booted by snapping it back together without screws in while you try to work out the failed module 2. If you have one module sitting on top of another it's more than likely the top module.of the two. Sorry the link is not in English but shows you where to remove screws etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTSZR3VjlSA
You maybe be able to boot with one module installed to retrieve your photos or try and get another module off ebay or borrow one.if you can. The failing memory module is the cause of your problems.