Solved! Laptop 118 degrees

Nov 28, 2018
Feels like its radiating from the Video card. Dust free and new thermal paste. Am I about to blow up my GTX 850m? Or will it survive games? Everywhere else was far cooler.

Solution
118°F is equal to about 48°C. That is not hot at all.

When the laptop is stressed if the CPU and GPU are at 75°C or less, then you really have nothing to worry about. 80°C would be considered rather warm and this is where you want to consider getting a cooling pad to perhaps lower temps. 90°C is when you really need to be concerned about heat.
118 C is very hot, I don't see the system living through temps that hot, in fact it should not be working at even 100 C so something seems a bit strange. Fans working on it? Maybe try a cooling pad. Is that the temps you get form a monitoring program like HWMonitor?

Oct 5, 2018
118 is very very hot. I suggest getting an ice pack, wrapping it in plastic wrap and putting it on the bottom of your laptop to get the temps down. What does it idle at? You may need to see someone about your issue.

That is a very bad idea, plastic wrap at that temps will melt, as would the plastic cover on the icepack. 118 C is over boiling point of water. May as well just pour water on the laptop to cool it, not going to be much different in the result.

118°F is equal to about 48°C. That is not hot at all.

When the laptop is stressed if the CPU and GPU are at 75°C or less, then you really have nothing to worry about. 80°C would be considered rather warm and this is where you want to consider getting a cooling pad to perhaps lower temps. 90°C is when you really need to be concerned about heat.

Solution