Laptop AC Charger keeps disconnecting when playing games ?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonta72

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015
[1st, forgive me if I posted in the wrong section of the forum]

My AC Charger keeps disconnecting whenever I play games.
Games I tried and faced that issue:
- NFS Rivals
- Crysis 3
- Battlefield 4
- PES 2015
- NFS Hot Pursuit (2010)
All settings on Low with 1280x720 (over 35 Fps).
System config:
- Aspire E1-570G
- i3-3217U
- 8GB RAM
- GeForce GT740M - 2048MB (64Bit Edition, No OC).
- Windows 8.1 Pro x64
To clarify, the AC Charger release when I'm playing those games, I need to physically disconnect and reconnect it again, after 30 seconds, it release it again.
But when I'm not playing games it's all OK.
Is something wrong with my Charger ?
(Enjoy my funny english btw).

Solution
Hi
You appear to have the wrong charger for your laptop,you will need another one of the same voltage but higher current (Amps).

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
It's possible that you're drawing more power than the charger can supply and it's tripping some internal breaker/overload interrupter within the charger, which is in my opinion a failure of design.

Nonta72

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

So ? What do you suggest me to do now ?

Nonta72

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

Oh seriously ???
Does that mean I'm being forced to game with Battery ???

Ok,
Let me try to explain further more:
- If I remove battery (I did it with all my Laptops to extend their batteries life) and begin playing games, after 3 minutes of Gameplay, the Computer shuts down itself because NO BATTERY and the POWER CORD has been somehow disconnected.
- If I plug in the charger and then put the battery (let's suppose it then begin charging) and then begin playing a game, the Ac Charger will then be disconnected and I will be gaming on the battery. It's easy to guess because the Battery stops charging and no charger icon near it. (I press ALT+Enter to see the taskbar). Plus current power plan changes if charger gets disconnected.
I'm really confused, the charger doesn't seem to be an orginal one because I bought an already used laptop and the charger doesn't really look like the one I saw on YouTube Videos Reviewing the Laptop.

Nonta72

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

How do I check "current (Amps)" ?
Is it the "Output" voltage for example ?

makkem

Distinguished

It will be on the label that is stuck onto the charger and will be in A or mA. and will be under output current or power.

Nonta72

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

Thanks!
I can confirm it's due to the wrong Charger he gave me.
I tried with a friend's Charger (a Packard Bell Laptop Charger), it had the same things wrote on the label as mine. I plugged it in and tested my games, no more disconnection.
I'm currently low on budget, I will buy a new charger asap.
Thank you all for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.