Laptop acting weirdly on battery power.

xzahn

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014
Hi all,

I have few months old Y700 laptop. Few months ago I noticed the performance is significantly lower while on battery. About 50% lower even at 100% battery. When plugged it works normally. A while after I also noticed the hull of the laptop gets electrified while plugged. You can feel the electricity while touching it. Not sure if that's connected. And few days ago I found there is also problem with the wi-fi as well. It keeps reconnecting while on battery. Solid connection while plugged. I've noticed that problem before but I thought it's the router.

The laptop still has warranty and insurance so I'll take to the service but that'll be at least after two weeks so any ideas / solutions are welcome.

xzahn

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

Yes, but it gets in saving mode below 20% (or 15%). And the tests I did were with 100% battery. I forgot to mention that it does not get too hot as well so it really does not have a reason to throttle down anything.

xzahn

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

You mean the power settings? There are three settings: Performance, Balanced, Power Saving. It was on Balanced by default. I switched it to Performance. I'll do some tests again and edit the answer with the results.

xzahn

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

Unfortunately it didn't. It still behaves the same.

Samaratin

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
I would probably just take it back then since you have warranty and insurance.. assuming you're not gonna be paying half what you spent on it originally, just to get it fixed

xzahn

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

Yeah I will. And I should not have to pay anything. Will see. Thanks anyway!