Solved! Laptop and Upgradeability

InOrderToSignIn

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Hey, so I'm planning on getting a laptop... as I need a laptop that can handle the amount of traveling back and forth I have to do. I think I have decided on the following laptop:

clevo p775dm3-g
Or:
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9172-clevo-p775dm3-g.html

Now, this laptop comes with a supposed desktop i7 7700k and 10xx. My question is, will I be able to upgrade these components at a later date as long as they have the same power draw? As in, they aren't modified in any way that makes this impossible?

I mainly want to be able to have leeway with the graphics card, as I will probably get the 1060 if I decide on this laptop. However, the i7 7700k could probably last awhile! (as will the 1060, but... who knows)

One last question, I've heard that Windows has a hard time scaling past FHD. As my information is pretty old, is it worth upgrading the screen to 1440p for $75? Or even 4k? Is it noticeable on such a small screen (but to be honest, I'm used to 13 inch laptop screens lol).

And yes, I do have a desktop I built... wouldn't be getting a laptop if I didn't! However, I also need something I can easily take on the road.

Appreciate any and all help, thanks!

Edit:
Oh shoot! Also meant to ask, if anyone knows of any similar alternatives I would love to hear them!

Solution
My question is, will I be able to upgrade these components at a later date as long as they have the same power draw? As in, they aren't modified in any way that makes this impossible?

in 90% of laptops out there, CPU and GPU upgrades on mobile devices are virtually impossible, why, if you know about desktops you know the main board has a socket, with a clamp and that is what permits desktop user to swap out CPUs.

laptop motherboard is be "shock resistant" and for economic reasons, (and it is possible someone build a laptop with a cpu and gpu socket I yet to be aware of one) they all without exception mount the cpu and gnu chips directly unto the main board.

making the essentially throw away devices with little path to...
As for the biodegradability, you can get a 1060 and upgrade to 1070 or 1080 later but as for other cards/CPU,your best bet is contacting Clevo/Sager and ask them directly.
As for the screen,well since it's a laptop and has great specs I'll recommend going for 1440p/4K,the extra resolution comes handy in games and some apps

My question is, will I be able to upgrade these components at a later date as long as they have the same power draw? As in, they aren't modified in any way that makes this impossible?

in 90% of laptops out there, CPU and GPU upgrades on mobile devices are virtually impossible, why, if you know about desktops you know the main board has a socket, with a clamp and that is what permits desktop user to swap out CPUs.

laptop motherboard is be "shock resistant" and for economic reasons, (and it is possible someone build a laptop with a cpu and gpu socket I yet to be aware of one) they all without exception mount the cpu and gnu chips directly unto the main board.

making the essentially throw away devices with little path to upgrades (swapping for a better motherboard bough on eBay perhaps...) except HDD/SDD and memory slot, and WIFI device/Bluetooth.

the Cleo or the Sager Laptops you speak of, has the GPU mounted on a secondary board, the GPU itself cannot be removed from board, but the boards with various GPU's configurations can be swapped out yes. as in the example in photo below.
tGUQk2W.png

Solution

InOrderToSignIn

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I do know in previous Clevo product lines you have been able to swap out the GPU inside of their systems. Even when the GPU was a mobile chip. The CPU, not so much. Which is why I was wondering if the GPU was still swappable in this product line, as it switched over to desktop GPUs, I figured it would be.

Thanks for the information though, I will probably just email Sager/Clevo and see what's up.