IrishLaad

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I currently have a laptop which has terrible sound coming from it. I first thought that it was just the speakers but when hooked it up to my desktop speakers or studio monitors (krk rokits) I discovered it must be the soundcard or something.

Is it possible to buy an external one or something ? I produce a lot of music and listen to tracks around the clock. Any solutions ? Thanks

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
I'm not surprised really. Laptop sound cards can be really bad. As a radio presenter with a radio studio, I use a USB audio mixer so I can have my music playing through external speakers as well as my other equipment working with one set of speakers.

I would get a USB Sound card and then plug some speakers into it :)

- Sam

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
I'm not surprised really. Laptop sound cards can be really bad. As a radio presenter with a radio studio, I use a USB audio mixer so I can have my music playing through external speakers as well as my other equipment working with one set of speakers.

I would get a USB Sound card and then plug some speakers into it :)

- Sam

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
If you are able to leave the laptop in a place where you are going to listen to it, e;g; office or bedroom, one solution is to use an external amp and power some "proper" speakers.
Although the sound on my PC was ok I wanted something a bit better. I had some old bookshelf speakers from an old hi-fi, so I bought a Topping VX1 online which bypasses the pc or Laptop soundcard and sounds brilliant. The amp plugs into a USB port.If you are happy to pay around £60 for the amp, and can find a pair of redundant speakers this really is a great solution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 0
shim24 Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 9
P Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 5
PhoenixFlock Laptop Tech Support 1
Nexus_Heathens Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Raj Negi Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1