Laptop Backspace button doesn't work

SoccerMom812

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
How do I get my backspace button to work? It doesn't work at all when I lightly tap it, hold it down on press it over and over. SO frustrated!!!

Solution
Hi,

Does it happen on specific programs only like Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word? Try opening Notepad and test if you can do backspace there. If not here are some troubleshooting steps that might help.
- Press Windows key + R at the same time and type in "osk" in the run box that should appear.
- Once the onscreen keyboard is open try pressing the backspace button on it and see if it does work fine using it because if it does there might be a problem with your actual keyboard (backspace) but if it still is not working with OSK a complete factory reset might be necessary to be run in your laptop to correct the problem.
Hi,

Does it happen on specific programs only like Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word? Try opening Notepad and test if you can do backspace there. If not here are some troubleshooting steps that might help.
- Press Windows key + R at the same time and type in "osk" in the run box that should appear.
- Once the onscreen keyboard is open try pressing the backspace button on it and see if it does work fine using it because if it does there might be a problem with your actual keyboard (backspace) but if it still is not working with OSK a complete factory reset might be necessary to be run in your laptop to correct the problem.

Solution