Laptop battery draining fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

space oddity

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
I'm havin trouble with my laptop. Whenever i unplug the charger, it will say it has around 3 hours of battery life left, but it realy drains down to zero within 10 minutes. My power plan is set to power saver but it still drains realy fast. i have to have it connected to a charger all day to use it and this kinda defeats the purpose of the laptop... The laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook T series.

It's prolly misreading because you never let it fully discharge. In most Lithium ion based laptops, a complete discharge to "dead" recalibrates the charging circuitry which 1) should give you an accurate reading of time left and 2) optimizes charging rate so that it recharges your battery quickly tapering off as it gets closer to full thereby optimizing both charging rate and battery life.

G

hpfreak is talking absolute nonsense. Most manufacturers of laptop batteries will recommend a residual discharge of the battery to calibrate it.

I am sick and tired of people trying to insert their 'opinion', when it isn't at all based on facts. It doesn't help anybody and you should probably feel bad, hpfreak.

P.s - HP products are really terrible.

aplocher

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014

While I do agree with you about hpfreak's response being way incorrect, I can't help but see the irony in your ridiculous response and your absurd "opinion" that "isn't at all based on facts".

tengotutto

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Para la notebook, Dell Inspiron 7537. Para solucionar el problema se debe cambiar el driver Intel Management Engine Interface Driver de la versión 11 a la 9. iMEI_INTEL_W8.14_A00_Setup-5D6PT_ZPE

For the notebook Dell Inspiron 7537 downgrade the driver Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for the version 11 to 9.

Bas_4_

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Hey guys! It might be a bit late but it might be useful for upcoming readers.
I was experiencing the same problem with my laptop's battery.
However, (and I don't know how it fixed the problem) I just shut down and restarted my laptop a bunch of times throughout the day and after that the problem was gone! I charged my laptop before I restarted it, so make sure that you'll do this too!
If this does not work, I guess a computer store is the place to be.
Good luck!

Dasari

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Dasari

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
Good Morning,
Just you need to change the battery it will occur when u keep your charger when u have more than 50% of charging. Don't keep your laptop in sleep mode or Hibernate mode. As an average laptop battery will work upto 3 to 4 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.