Solved! Laptop boots no OS. Black screen after BIOS

msmilanov

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hello,

I have Lenovo Yoga 3 and I have problems with the laptop. When I turn it on everything looks fine I see the screen and suddenly when the OS is supposed to load it is only black screen and nothing happens! I tried to reinstall it so I put USB stick with Windows 8 but I get almost the same problem, I see the Windows logo and it starts loading and suddenly when the next screen is supposed to come with Language options I get black screen. There's no way for me to find the problem, I cannot boot anything!

Before the black screen problem I had the problem 0xc0000185 and found no solution to fix it but at least it was a blue screen with words and options to reboot F2 and so on, then after that I think I got something like 0xc000014c and after a couple of restarts I don't even get this. Complete blackness after the bios and no opportunity to even reinstall it!

I tried with Memtest to find a problem but it was okay, also with Hiren's Boot I tried to play Mini Windows XP so I could see if I could get into the files but I get blue screen when I try to boot Mini Windwos XP.

Is there any solution before throwing the laptop in the garbage? It is a great one but useless...

Solution
The initial 0xc0000185 error meant that there was a problem accessing the OS files. That could be a bad hard drive or one going bad. I suspect that your continuing to try to fix the computer without first resolving that problem has corrupted the hard drive

It could also be a simple hardware cable problem. Before pitching it you might try disassembling it, cleaning out all dust, etc, unseating and re-seating all cables and especially the hard drive cable, and try it again.

thx1138v2

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
The initial 0xc0000185 error meant that there was a problem accessing the OS files. That could be a bad hard drive or one going bad. I suspect that your continuing to try to fix the computer without first resolving that problem has corrupted the hard drive

It could also be a simple hardware cable problem. Before pitching it you might try disassembling it, cleaning out all dust, etc, unseating and re-seating all cables and especially the hard drive cable, and try it again.

Solution

msmilanov

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

But I never opened a laptop before in my life! Especially a slim one. I fear I'll never fix it afterwards. And I feared it could be a hardware problem and while it is a black screen I hear deep inside a little noise like when you have a bad CD and you put it in a PC and you hear it trying to read it but it cannot. I am afraid you are right about everything