Question Laptop Built in battery plugged in suddenly reboots and it takes long to start again...battery showing 99% before it reboots

Jan 4, 2020
good day...im having problem with my newly bought Asus ROG G531GV-AL184T gaming laptop...it has built in battery so i plugged in the charger all the time when i play...sometimes it suddenly reboots and takes time to start...battery display light showing charging even though i already remove charger...what do you think is the problem of the laptop....i didn't update any drivers from windows since i bought it...any expert advice on how to solve this problem......after a while when i can start it battery sign shows red color even though it was 99% when i rebooted.....

Jan 4, 2020
yes it is new brand...that's my plan but right now i can't coz im at work..my contract will be finished after 4 months...so i kinda need some advice on how to fix it

It could be the battery is bad, or the charger is having issues. But you really can't work on anything without voiding your warranty.

You said it only does this 'sometimes' when you are playing (assume you mean gaming). If that is the case, and it never happens any other time, then there is a flaw (in battery, charger, or possibly motherboard). None of these can be dealt with without, again, voiding the warranty. You need to get in contact with the manufacturer.

Jan 4, 2020
yeah your right...that's my problem because i don't know what to do...and if i do anything wrong my warranty is at risk and that would be a bigger problem...maybe the built in battery has fault since sometimes i can play without problem and sometimes it suddenly shuts down and it takes 30 mins for me to start again even @ 99% battery.....not only gaming , when i'm watching movie also it shuts down sometimes....i tried to contact Asus via email but they just gave me instructions which i cannot follow since i'm not that good on computers....

The service people, were you to ask them, are likely to tell you they can't give you any ideas unless they look it over, or they will have you do steps that have nothing to do with the problem because, well, when you call in you usually get just a person on the phone not an actual tech.

Jan 4, 2020
yeah your right...guess i need to wait for 4 months T_T....anyways i don't have a choice but to wait than do something i would regret someday....now i can't open my laptop..guess its better if i put it back on the box and wait for 4 months

It still would require opening it up and checking the components to see what exactly is the cause. Again, voiding the warranty.

It is your device. I can't tell you what you should or shouldn't do with it. That is up to you. But if you are wanting me to say go ahead, I can't do that. You have to make that decision.